Urgently Needed Are Field Coordinators At UNDP
The “Project for Planning, Implementing and Monitoring Health Strategies” will be implemented by the Ministry of Health (MoH) with implementation support from UNDP under the “Health System Strengthening and Support Project (HSSSP)” which is carried out under the Loan Agreement No. 8531-TR signed between the World Bank and the Government of the Republic of Türkiye on November 26, 2015. The development objective of the HSSSP is to improve primary and secondary prevention from non-communicable diseases (NCDs), increase the efficiency of service delivery in public hospitals and enhance the capacity of the Ministry of Health for evidence-based decision making.
This project aims to bring the Project Development Objective and main objectives of the HSSSP in compliance with the MoH’s strategic plan. The strategic plan will be implemented by the MoH. Under the scope of this project, for efficient monitoring and evaluation of project activities at the central level and in the field, dedicated teams will be set up to perform their services at the central level and in the field. These teams will be
Under the scope of this project, for efficient monitoring and evaluation of project activities at the central level and in the field, dedicated teams will be set up to perform their services at the central level and in the field. These teams will be responsible for performing analysis, implementation support, and monitoring and evaluation activities for effective coordination.
Field Coordinators will be supporting the Chief Field Coordinator in monitoring and evaluating of healthcare service delivery of all health facilities in 81 provinces
Duties and Responsibilities
Each Field Coordinator will be responsible for one or a few of the top 10 health regions of Türkiye which have been identified for a more structured and effective implementation of the Project and will carry out a wide range of tasks related to monitoring and evaluation of healthcare service delivery in all health facilities within one of the specified regions.
In line with the needs of Ministry of Health monitoring activities will cover indicatively below actions.
• Evaluate the policies of the central organizations of the Ministry under HSSSP in the field and to report the faulting points to the central organization, to guide the improvement efforts and to provide support in the evidence-based decision-making for new practices in the MoH;
Evaluate all project-related health services provided in provincial/district level and to convey the opinions/revision requests of all parties in the provincial organization to the upper management of the MoH;
• Monitor and evaluate the practices and activities of Directorates of Health, Directorates of Public Health and Offices of Secretary-General, to report the results of monitoring and evaluations and to contribute to the development of the cooperation among agencies which provide health services and other agencies;
• Determine the faults in the functioning of the health system in the field and to suggest corrective measures during activities/meetings;
• Prepare the good practice examples in health as case analyses and to provide support to the relevant Ministerial units for sharing and popularizing these under the HSSSP;
• Make comments to ensure the efficient use of human resources by analyzing the human resources requirements of the Ministerial units.
• Monitor, evaluate and report the field practices for improving the quality of health data;
• Contribute to the processes of developing quality indicators for health services with information and experiences acquired in the field;
• Submit the suggestions on consolidating health service data to the upper management of the Ministry;
Required Skills and Experience
Minimum Education Requirements
Advance University Degree from Medical Faculty (min. 6 years)
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in the field of health is required.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in the field of health desired.
- A minimum 1 year of experience in Performance Management or M&E or policy development/revision processes will be an asset.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in healthcare management will be an asset.
- Previous work experience in an international organization will be an asset.
- Literacy in Microsoft Office, Windows-based applications
Fluency in Turkish
- Completion of training programs in the fields of his/her work (Quality, M&E, Performance Management, etc.) will be an asset
- A certificate in the field of Monitoring & Evaluation will be an asset
To apply click <<<HERE>>>