Non-Governmental Organisation Job Vacancies For All Graduates
About the job
Crossover is the world’s #1 source of full-time remote jobs. Our clients offer top-tier pay for top-tier talent. We’re recruiting this role for our client, Alpha – an EDU Startup. Have you got what it takes? Are you a master of life-relevant skills: a wizard at teaching yourself, a guru of grit, a connoisseur of critical thinking? If that sounds like you, we have a unique, refreshing, and impactful opportunity for you – even if you’ve never considered working in education before! Welcome to your future at Alpha Schools.
You won’t find stuffy lectures or rigid lesson plans at Alpha. Instead, we’ve built a place where kids learn through adaptive learning apps with the support of motivational Guides. Our core principle is simple: successful students not only master academic content but also acquire practical life skills. We are searching for passionate individuals who can turn complex skills into engaging and interactive projects. If your approach to education is anything but ordinary, we want you on board. You will design and facilitate project-based workshops that equip students with concrete skills such as public speaking, giving & receiving feedback, and personal finance.
Here, challenge and rigour go hand in hand with fun! As an integral part of our team, you’ll create life skills workshops that inspire students to achieve mastery. You’ll embrace Alpha’s unique “Test2Pass” framework to develop mastery-based assessments, ensuring our students’ progress is consistently nurtured and celebrated. If you have a knack for breaking down complex skills into digestible and interactive projects and your approach to education is anything but ordinary, we want you on board. You’ll create life skills workshops that are engaging and rigorous. Utilizing Alpha’s unique “Test2Pass” framework, you will create mastery-based assessments. Why choose Alpha?
- Competitive Compensation: At Alpha, we believe that talented individuals should not have to compromise on pay. We offer a competitive salary to reflect your expertise and commitment.
- Growth and Learning Culture: Just as we expect our students to embrace growth and learning, we prioritize the development of our educators. You’ll have access to coaching, training, and leadership opportunities to fuel your professional growth.
- Remote Work Expertise: We understand the changing landscape of work and offer flexible options for our team. We have the tools, technology, and routines to ensure a seamless and integrated experience.
If you are passionate about empowering young minds, fostering practical life skills, and creating transformative educational experiences, Alpha Schools is the place for you. Come be a part of our innovative and forward-thinking community!
What You Will Be Doing
- Breaking down crucial life skills into core components and mastery benchmarks for students from Kindergarten to 8th grade.
- Researching, brainstorming, and developing simulations and projects that mimic real-world situations and challenges.
- Developing workshop plans, ensuring each script includes clear instructions that make it easy for any facilitator to deliver
- Creating mastery-based assessments that allow students to demonstrate their learning
- Writing course descriptions that are informational, exciting, and convincing
- Continuously polishing and refining workshop content, utilizing feedback from students and facilitators to ensure a continuously evolving and top-tier quality curriculum
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Following a rigid standardized curriculum without room for creativity and innovation.
- Lecturing students; you’ll be creating plans for student-driven projects that Guides will facilitate
- Playing it safe; you’ll chart innovative paths forward and lean into experimentation
Youth Program Coordinator Key Responsibilities
Designing and delivering interactive workshops that teach life skills to K-8 students.
- A university degree in any subject
- A passion for life skills
- Experience working directly with kids as a camp counselor, tutor, teacher aide, or in a similar role
- Experience designing workshops, programs, trainings, or curricula in a professional setting
About Alpha – An EDU Startup
Want to build better schools? Join the thriving community of Alpha. Alpha is a network of K-12 schools in Texas committed to redefining the way kids learn. Change starts with our three promises to students:
- Students love school.
- Students learn two times faster than in a traditional school.
- Students learn life skills.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!
Working with Crossover
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), long-term position. The position is immediately available and requires entering into an independent contractor agreement with Crossover. The compensation level for this role is $50 USD/hour, which equates to $100,000 USD/year assuming 40 hours per week and 50 weeks per year. The payment period is weekly. Consult www.crossover.com/help-and-faqs for more details on this topic.
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send it to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form – by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting https://www.crossover.com/auth/password-recovery if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-5096-ZW-Chitungw-YouthProgramCo
To apply click <<<HERE>>>