Job Vacancies For Development Studies/Project Management/Social Work Graduates
The Abdullah Dzinamarira Foundation (ADF), a non-profit charity organization headquartered in Harare, aims to share hope with underprivileged and vulnerable children by ensuring access to education and basic social support services. The Foundation seeks a highly qualified candidate to serve as Field Officer – Chinhoyi. The Field Officer will function under the Technical Department. At present, the incumbent will report to the Technical Field Officer. The Field Officer is responsible for coordinating all ADF activities in the province and reporting to the staff at headquarters. Specifically, the Field Officer will liaise between local authorities in Makonde district and Mashonaland West province and ADF headquarters, to coordinate logistics for ADF activities and programs and supervise outreach and volunteer staff.
- Act as liaison between ADF head office staff and local authorities
- Provide logistical support for the planning and implementation of ADF activities
- Conduct training on key ADF thematic areas – WASH, drug and illicit substance use, climate change, sexual and reproductive health, gender, and gender-based violence.
- Lead implementation of the Aflateen+ project in the district
- Stakeholder engagement for updates and approvals to carry out activities and any other needs as required.
- Submit weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports on activities carried out and ensure set targets are met.
- Advise ADF Head Office with the calendar of activities happening in the district e.g., training, and celebrations that are in line with ADF scope and goals.
- Supporting Head Office with the communication between ADF Head Office and schools participating in the educational sponsorship and scholarship programs
- Follow up on child beneficiaries (collecting fees invoices, reports, student requirements and feedback on students’ performance)
- Follow-up on trained beneficiaries and mapping stories of change working with the Technical Field Officer
- Advise ADF Head Office on opportunities for the organisation in Makonde, and Karoi districts
- Recommend intervention opportunities to the ADF fundraising team through monthly reports and liaising with all partners in the field.
- Assist in budget formulation through constant communication with the Administrative Assistant at ADF Head Office
- Reporting on financial matters in the field
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies/Project Management/Social Work, or related disciplines, plus a minimum of 1-year work experience
- Experience in working with key government ministries in community development projects is required.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, meet deadlines, and work independently.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, including fluency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Prior experience working in a related position will be an added advantage (particularly in the areas of – sexual and reproductive health, gender, financial literacy, and life skills)
Note: Applicants should be able to assume work on September 1st 2023 Additional Information
The position is (i) contingent upon the availability of donor funding (ii) an initial three-month short-term contract with a possibility of renewal depending on performance. ADF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, colour, sex, gender, religion, creed, or ethnic origin. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment.
To apply click <<<HERE>>>