Available Job Vacancies At OXFAM
Join Oxfam as a Human Resources Assistant and play a vital role in providing functional and technical support to enhance the organization’s performance through our dedicated team. We are looking for someone who shares our mission to end poverty and is aligned with our feminist principles of empowerment, accountability, and inclusion.
Recruitment and Selection:
- Collaborate with recruiting managers to develop, review, and approve job profiles and staff requisitions promptly.
- Create and circulate job advertisements while ensuring compliance with job specifications, Oxfam branding guidelines, and recruitment practices.
- Manage application submissions and maintain well-organized records.
- Prepare employment contracts, terms and conditions, and other related documents in line with employee requirements.
- Facilitate interview processes, including coordination, communication with candidates, and finalizing recruitment reports.
- Keep track of the recruitment and selection progress through the HR recruitment & selection system.
- Maintain confidentiality and accuracy of all HR documentation, including personal records and staff databases.
- Ensure timely processing and payment of medical records.
- Prepare monthly payroll inputs for submission to Finance.
- Manage employment visas/permits for expatriate staff.
HR Service and Support:
- Oversee Humanitarian staff and partner staff time sheets to meet donor requirements.
- Assist in orienting and welcoming new employees with HR welcome packs.
- Process necessary authorizations for incoming Global Humanitarian Support Personnel.
- Collaborate with the Logistics team to set up temporary sub-offices in designated response areas.
- Address employee queries in line with country labour regulations and Oxfam HR policies.
Skills and Competence:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma in HR, Psychology, or Business Administration.
- At least one year of experience in HR/Office administration or a similar role.
- Proficiency in communication systems, office management, and local labour regulations.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Initiative, adaptability, and ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Computer skills, including familiarity with Windows and email operations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Patient, courteous, and able to travel at short notice.
What We Offer:
Oxfam provides a competitive salary and a range of additional benefits to staff, including flexible working options, a generous pension scheme, annual leave, sick pay, life assurance, and more. We encourage continuous learning and offer various Learning & Development opportunities to our employees.
We believe in the importance of flexible working arrangements to build the Oxfam of the future, and we are open to discussing suitable arrangements with applicants.
How To Apply:
To apply for the position, please upload your up-to-date CV and Cover Letter, addressing your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
Our Values and Commitment to Safeguarding:
Oxfam is dedicated to preventing any unwanted behaviour at work, such as harassment, exploitation, abuse, lack of integrity, and financial misconduct. We prioritize the welfare of all individuals we engage with and expect all staff and volunteers to adhere to our code of conduct.
At Oxfam, we strive for diversity and gender equality within our organization and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Oxfam is a global community working together with partners and local communities in humanitarian, development, and campaigning efforts across more than 90 countries. We are committed to overcoming poverty and inequality and creating a thriving and diverse Oxfam where everyone’s differences are celebrated and valued.
To achieve this, we aim to dismantle unequal power structures and create an inclusive environment where everyone can contribute to our mission. We invite you to join us in making a positive impact on the world.